Founded in 2015
AN INVESTMENT BOUTIQUE OF EXTRAORDINARY ALPHA
Passionate about what we do, how we do it and who we do it for
WHAT WE DO
Wincrest Contraria Fund
- Global long/short best ideas hedge fund
Energy Transition Fund
- ESG long only fund with private co-investment opportunities
- Special purpose companies for bespoke early stage & private market opportunities
HOW WE DO IT
- We believe adopting a private market approach to the public equity markets is the best way to generate absolute returns.
- On the long side of the portfolio, we seek mispriced, not mismanaged companies, where we have a strong alignment of interest with the founders / management teams, impeccable balance sheets, deep moats and an ROE > WACC
- On the short side of the portfolio, we focus on finding single stock short ideas characterized by debt, denial and disruption
- We believe the energy transition is our generation's "good rush" and that decarbonization is the investment opportunity of the decade
- We believe in ESG2.0, which is about accountability and authenticity. That is the portfolio that sits at the intersection of profit and purpose.
- Deep ESG is deep value and deeply impactful
- We are "opportunivores"
- If an outstanding investment does not fit the liquidity profile of our funds, we have the ability to offer it to our investors via Wincrest Ventures
WHO WE DO IT FOR
- We eat our own cooking
- Just as we seek to invest in companies with management teams that think and act like owners, internally, we live that value.
- We invest in all of our own strategies and investment opportunities
- Compensation in tied to performance
- External investors include pension plans, accredited investors and family offices